Content

Fifteen

In 1924, dentists voted on seeking the establishment of the dental school as a faculty of the University of Toronto. Of the 870 dentists who voted, 858 voted in favour. Under the agreement, the buildings (now at the corner of College and Huron Streets), fittings and equipment, valued at just under half a million dollars, became the property of the university. A year later, the Faculty of Dentistry of the University of Toronto was established.