In November 1875, RCDSO made another effort to set up a dental school, complete with an infirmary for the free treatment of diseases of the teeth. The annual budget was set at $150 for rent and $250 for furnishings. The student fee was $100.
There were two faculty members: J.B. Wilmott and Luke Teskey.
The school, known as the Royal College of Dental Surgeons, opened with 11 students. It remained the only dental school in Canada until 1892.